This American article provides some great tips for making money through selling the stuff you don't need. Craigslist, Ebay and Amazon are all in the UK so can be used here too.
Looking for a little extra dough to pay your bills, or pay down debt? Consider liquidating some of your unused, or unloved, possessions.
Here are some easy ways to gain some space in your home, and cash in your wallet:
* Have a yard sale. Increase the traffic (and fun) by inviting neighbors to join you.
* Sell through Craigslist.com. Online classifieds are a great way to sell furniture, lawn and garden equipment, computers, and electronics.
* Sell through Ebay.com. If you have more valuable or unique cast-offs, online auctions may yield the best price.
* Sell through Amazon.com. Sell your used books, CDs, DVDs, and other items through the retail giant’s Marketplace program.
* Sell through a consignment shop. Consignment shops are a great outlet for gently-used, brand name clothing.