Make your clothes last longer with these simple tips from the American site Frugillionnaire.
Want to save money on clothing? Get the most wear possible out of the pieces you already own.
Here are eight easy ways to care for your clothes and make them last longer:
1. Wash them in cold. High temperatures can shrink fabrics and fade colors.
2. Air-dry them. Machine drying can cause clothes to snag, fray, and shrink.
3. Pre-treat stains. They’ll be much more likely to come out in the wash.
4. Learn to mend. Fix small tears before they become big ones.
5. Don’t wear delicate materials (like silk or suede) in bad weather.
6. Wash them less often. Air them out on a chair or clothes rack instead of laundering after each use.
7. Hang up your clothes (or put them in the hamper) immediately after getting undressed. Don’t leave them in a pile on the floor.
8. Store out-of-season clothes in airtight containers.
The less often you have to replace your clothes, the more money you’ll save!