A recipe for Banana Nut Muffins, based on one from the Joy of Cooking, but slightly modified.
- ⅔ cups (160ml) white flour
- 1⅓ cups (320g) whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cups (120ml) chopped nuts (such as walnuts)
- 2 egg
- 1 tbsp. honey (or molasses, or 1T honey, 1T sugar)
- 1 cup milk (or soy milk)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 or 3 bananas, mashed
- Note: Add sugar to taste, if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Grease a muffin tin.
- Cream eggs, honey/molasses/sugar, milk, vegetable oil, and bananas.
- Combine dry ingredients, then mix sparingly with wet ingredients. Lumpy batter is to be expected.
- Bake for 20 to 25 (probably 25) minutes.
Makes about 20 2in (5cm) muffins.
|Servings||20 2-inch muffins|
|Time||prep: ~15 minutes|
baking: 20-25 minutes